Get up and running in five minutes or less
Note: This page has been updated for MultiChain 2.0 – downloads for MultiChain 1.0 are still available.
- Linux: 64-bit, supports Ubuntu 12.04+, CentOS 6.2+, Debian 7+, Fedora 15+, RHEL 6.2+.
- Windows: 64-bit, supports Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008 or later.
- Mac: 64-bit, supports OS X 10.11 or later.
- 512 MB of RAM
- 1 GB of disk space
Get product updates (one email per month max)
Installing MultiChain Community on Linux
su (enter root password)
tar -xvzf multichain-2.0.2.tar.gz
mv multichaind multichain-cli multichain-util /usr/local/bin (to make easily accessible on the command line)
exit (to return to your regular user)
Installing MultiChain Community on Windows
Download https://www.multichain.com/download/multichain-windows-2.0.2.zip and extract its contents to your chosen directory.
MultiChain Enterprise includes several high-end features required for enterprise blockchain applications, while maintaining full backwards compatibility with the open source Community version 2.0. For more information and a free trial, see the MultiChain Enterprise page.
Once MultiChain is installed, you can proceed with the steps in Getting Started or dive straight into the developer guide. You can also install the Explorer for web-based browsing of your blockchain’s activity or the Web Demo for a simple interface for many APIs.
Each release of MultiChain 2.0 Community is listed below. The list of changes can be seen in the
README.txt file of the most recent version.
- May 21, 2019 – Version 2.0.2 for Linux and Windows. (Mac version can be compiled.)
- April 8, 2019 – Version 2.0.1 for Linux and Windows.
- March 25, 2019 – Version 2.0 (release) for Linux and Windows.
- March 4, 2019 – Version 2.0 beta 3 for Linux and Windows.
- February 11, 2019 – Version 2.0 beta 2 for Linux and Windows.
- December 19, 2018 – Version 2.0 beta 1 for Linux and Windows.
- November 26, 2018 – Version 2.0 alpha 7 for Linux.
- November 5, 2018 – Version 2.0 alpha 6 for Linux.
- September 13, 2018 – Version 2.0 alpha 5 for Linux.
- August 9, 2018 – Version 2.0 alpha 4 for Linux and Windows.
- June 13, 2018 – Version 2.0 alpha 3 for Linux and Windows.
- January 29, 2018 – Version 2.0 alpha 2 for Linux and Windows.
- November 9, 2017 – Version 2.0 alpha 1 for Linux and Windows.
Downloads and the version history for MultiChain 1.0 are available here.