The first version of MultiChain, in production since 2017
Note: This page has been kept for MultiChain 1.0 – downloads for MultiChain 2 are now available.
- Linux: 64-bit, supports Ubuntu 12.04+, CentOS 6.2+, Debian 7+, Fedora 15+, RHEL 6.2+.
- Windows: 64-bit, supports Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008 or later.
- Mac: 64-bit, supports OS X 10.11 or later.
- 512 MB of RAM
- 1 GB of disk space
Get product updates (one email per month max)
Installing MultiChain 1.0 on Linux
su (enter root password)
tar -xvzf multichain-1.0.9.tar.gz
mv multichaind multichain-cli multichain-util /usr/local/bin (to make easily accessible on the command line)
exit (to return to your regular user)
You can also use this link to the latest release of MultiChain 1.0.x, instead of the URL above. The link is updated shortly after each release.
Installing MultiChain 1.0 on Windows
Download https://www.multichain.com/download/multichain-windows-1.0.9.zip and extract its contents to your chosen directory.
Compiling 1.0 from sources
If you prefer, you can also compile MultiChain 1.0.x for Ubuntu Linux, Windows or Mac OS X from the source code at Github.
Version 1.0 developer documentation
Below are links to several pages of developer documentation which have been preserved for version 1.0:
- Getting Started guide for MultiChain 1.0.
- API commands for controlling a MultiChain node from applications.
- Blockchain parameters which affect the entire chain and network.
- Runtime parameters which affect the behavior of individual nodes.
Version 1.0 release history
Each release is listed below. The list of changes can be seen in the
README.txt file of the most recent version.
- September 16, 2019 – Version 1.0.9 for Linux and Windows. (Mac version can be compiled.)
- March 18, 2019 – Version 1.0.8 for Linux and Windows.
- December 11, 2018 – Version 1.0.7 for Linux and Windows.
- August 2, 2018 – Version 1.0.6 for Linux and Windows.
- June 7, 2018 – Version 1.0.5 for Linux and Windows.
- February 26, 2018 – Version 1.0.4 for Linux and Windows.
- January 29, 2018 – Version 1.0.3 for Linux and Windows.
- November 7, 2017 – Version 1.0.2 for Linux and Windows.
- September 13, 2017 – Version 1.0.1 for Linux and Windows.
- August 2, 2017 – Version 1.0 (release) for Linux and Windows.