I know that there two similar questions to this that have already been asked but they didn't really help me find a solution.
I have an Ubuntu VM which contains the seed node and I try to copy the chain on Windows. I get the following error: Couldn't connect to the seed node 172.x.x.x on port 6817 - please check multichaind is running at that address and that your firewall settings allow incoming connections.
I get the same error with the other ip provided by multichaind.
- This command works on both machines
- I have added a rule to windows firewall to allow incoming connection on the port 6817
- On Ubuntu, I have allowed connections on port 6817.
- The answer to one of the questions was : "The issue is most likely that your node is behind an Internet router, so incoming connections don't come directly to your computer. If so the solution is to configure port forwarding on your router.". I do not have access to the router. The whole configuration of the routers is done by the company. I am not sure interns are allowed to ask them to change the parameters.
- I think the error might be linked to either the firewall on Windows or Ubuntu because when I try to telnet 172.x.x.x 6817 from Windows to Ubuntu, I do not get a response. Windows keeps waiting for a response and there is none.
If this is the problem, then it isn't really linked to multichain but could please try to direct me to a possible fix ?
- However, both machines can ping each other.