At the moment I try to figure out a reasonable way to setup MultiChain clustering.
Now I stumbled across the following problem:
- creating master node
- try to connect second node (slave) -> gets info (need to join)
- cp wallet.dat from master node to slave node
- connect again -> getting message: Error: wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed
This does not happen if I do a "backupwallet" before using the original wallet.dat:
What I have noticed:
- create and start a node
- md5sum(wallet.dat) = X
- trigger backupwallet "wallet.bkp"
- md5sum(wallet.dat) == md5sum(wallet.bkp) != X
So the wallet.dat changes after triggering backupwallet, and then I am also able to copy the original wallet.dat to the second node and the currupt error is gone.
I don't know what exactly is wrong here, but it seems that the wallet.dat is not usable until it is written again (in my case after triggering backupwallet, since this does not only write the backup but also changes the original wallet.dat)