I just want to confirm that my understanding is correct.
For a node setup in Multichain Community version, the following assumptions are made:
- Subscribe command always executes with retrieve for community version .
- When subscribed to a stream restricted to offchain data only, all items are automatically retrieved.
After upgrading this same node to Enterprise version:
- Trimsubscribe command can be executed to change the behavior of the node's subscription to a stream.
- After trimming retrieve parameter from the subscription, the node will no longer retrieve the offchain data automatically. only the onchain hash and metadata will be indexed.
- Perviously retrieved offchain items will remain in the node unless running purgestreamitems.
- purgestreamitems only purges offchain data on the node that was not published by the node itself.
For nodes running enterprise:
- purgestreamitems can be run at any given time, somewhat like clearing a cache.
- when retrieving offchain data on demand, is the speed of the transfer from source node to destination node dictated primarily by the connection speed between the two nodes?